Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weeds & some late 2007 knitting

I know I am way behind the times. The first season of Weeds just floated its way up my Netflix queue and into my mailbox. I watched the first three episodes last night and loved, loved, loved them. I may have to rethink my boycott of cable television. Oh, on second thought, it's still way cheaper to subscribe to Netflix and be able to pick and choose what I watch. Anyway, the show is brilliant and I am so lucky to have so many episodes to look forward to. (A Cate historical aside - I learned to play Little Boxes on my guitar in about 1964.)



I made these socks with my yarn from the Ravelry Libra Birthday Swap. It is the Annetrelac pattern from Interweave Knits.



Because of the pattern name and because I always make my sister socks for her birthday and Christmas, I made these for Annie. She is the true owner of the Evil Foster Whippet so it was entirely right that I used some of Peach's yarn scraps to finish the toe of the second sock when I ran out of yarn.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Regan Snavely said...

Love Weeds! I have season two in my DVD player right now -- checked out from the public library. Between Netflix and the Library-- who needs to pay for TV!

10:41 AM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

Weeds is one of my few 'must watch' programs..(big love, saving grace the other two) glad you got turned on to it! darling annetrelac sox and yes so fitting that the peach scrap is there!glad you're posting again..loyal fans missed you!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little boxes, on the hillside,
and they all look like ticky-tacky.....Oh a trip down memory lane. I was playing that on the guitar way back then too, Cate.

1:01 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

Made of ticky-tacky all in a row? I know the words, I don't know the tune, because it was in a book I had in 1973.

The Anne-trelacs are gorgeous.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Anne-trelacs are even more gorgeous in person than they are in photo. All my friends are jealous.

Many years ago (maybe 1967?) Malvina Reynolds came to my summer camp outside of Reno Nevada (Washoe Pines) and led a singalong. Of course Little Boxes was one of the songs. She seemed older than God's Elder Sister. I remember that Pete Seeger was there, too, but I may have made that part up...

Annie

1:47 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Lovely socks, Cate.Don't know about "Weeds"... haven't heard of it. The Wire is about the best thing I've ever seen on the tube, though.

I've re-upped my blog. Please check it out at http://knittheemptyfield.blogspot.com.

8:50 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

Ah, Weeds! We've watched every single episode and already longing for more.

Fabulous show!

Have you tried:

Dexter
Big Love
The Riches

If you like Weeds, you might like them too.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are beautiful! Entrelac is on my list of things to do, but haven't done yet!

-your scavenger hunt swap spoiler

7:19 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love those socks! And I've heard nothing but good things about Weeds -- will have to rent it myself soon. Maybe it'll show up on Netflix's
"watch instantly" page.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Wait..I changed my name to Annie!! ;-p

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home