Sunday, August 05, 2007

Distracted

Well, I could not get gauge with the beautiful blue yarn for the Sand Dollar sweater so that project is resting while I figure out what I want to make with the yarn and find the right yarn for the sweater.


So I cast on with some Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool Co. yarn (no website, but available from The Yarn Lounge) for Eunny Jang's Tangled Yoke Cardigan in the Fall 2007 issue of Interweave Knits.


I've been wanting to make a sweater with some cables and this sophisticated take on tradition seems like a perfect project. Of course, now all I want to do is knit away on the first sleeve but I still am working on my Mystery Stole 3. The theme has been revealed - Swan Lake. With Friday's clue we began on the wing that will be the other end of the stole. I hope that when the designer publishes the pattern for sale she has a version that is wings at both ends.


I have a sock distraction too. The new Six Sox along is designed by Janine Le Cras from the island of Guernsey. It is called I Love Gansey. I'm going to use this beautiful blue Fleece Artist Sea Wool. The color, the yarn are all perfect for an island theme. However, I have been strong and have not cast on. I am still working on my yarn swap socks.


There is a Jane Austen forum on Ravelry - Austentacious. I found out about this bag there. It is available from The Republic of Pemberley. I have stacks of canvas bags and hardly need another one but I'm awfully tempted. After all, it is only $20.


And how could I resist this alternate view of the Whippeterrorists?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Nice choice for the Eunny cardie! I am going to make that one too. Very soon--I am nearly done with the sleeves of a current WIP and will buy the yarn next week. Maybe I will see you at the Yarn lounge soon!

The kids still talk about Dogwood!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

That pic of your pups is so priceless! Obviously they are best buddies!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

I thought you were going to use the O-Balance for the yoke cardi!! I want to make it, but some of the yoke looks kind of complicated....so I'm still on the fence. I'll really look forward to seeing yours!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I haven't read thru the new Interweave yet, but I was just thinking recently about when Eunny wrote awhile back about trying to do horizontal cables -- I'm glad she was able to follow through with something so lovely.

Love that Jane Austen bag -- I might have to give it to my SIL who is a huge Austen fan and a casual knitter.

Issy in our knitting group guessed awhile back that the theme of MS3 was Swan Lake. Pretty cool!

The Fleece Artist is gorgeous!

12:40 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

New IWK and Vogues HAVE NOT made it yet to Alaska...grrrrr...but i love that tangled yoke...can't wait to see how it works up for you.
aaaawwww...the whippets...i love me some whippets ...i want whippets...so much easier to clean than the soggy muddy wolfhound laying here...sigh...looking forward to October :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger jane said...

I want to make that cardi,too! I love it! Jane

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cardi is my favorite project of the new IK. What color, what yarn, etc? I need to be all up in your yarny business it seems! Bri

5:23 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

Love the Eunny cardi-can't wait to see yours.

The dogs look loverly, and Miss Sug says hi!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home