Sunday, September 09, 2007

I've been in Africa

Every morning and evening I go to Pete's Pond in Botswana. I sit and knit and watch the wildlife come to have a drink. I've seen an ostrich, elephants, lots of different birds, elands, impala, a crocodile, jackals, really big turtles, warthogs and wildebeests. It is very noisy with the sounds of bugs, birds, bats, catfish jumping and animals slurping water. I haven't seen the giraffes, lions, hyenas or zebras yet.


Finished this little sweater for the October campaign for afghans for Afghans. This time they are collecting for children ages 7 to 14. The pattern for this sweater is in Knitting for Peace.



The Minimalist Cardigan is perfect knitting for watching wild animals - lots and lots of moss stitch. The back and fronts are finished and one of the sleeves begun. Eventually the weather will cooperate and get cool enough to wear wool again.



Mimi has been the most faithful regular at Yarn Church. She finished this sweater for her husband, Danny. Yay, Mimi!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

"...I bless the rains down in Africa...."

That webcam is so cool! Thanks for sharing! I can't believe we can also hear sound of crickets and water splashes, (unless that's fake). And I can't believe it's already dark there, when it's only six or seven o'clock....

The kid's sweater is wonderful, and your cardi will be lovely. Mimi's sweater fits her husband perfectly!

(Oh, and Janice Joplin trumps J.T. and The Boss!)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

AWESOME...love that webcam! I think I'm hooked!! Thanks

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay, I'm now hooked on that webcam! And I just saw a hyena!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

And an elephant!!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

Where do you find these sites? And how do you get so much knitting done? And how have you been??

Mary's gone wild with the webcam!

7:00 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I had trouble with it before, I will try it again.

I like your A4A sweater-someone will be really cute in it.

1:08 PM  
Blogger lemmie said...

thanks for the webcam!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay, you've created a webcam-watching monster. Last night I saw a mom & baby elephant, a lioness, two zebras and an antelope-thingy. And then I stayed up late and watched the African sunrise and all the birdies that come drink early in the morning. Too fun! Addictive!

11:38 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

Pete's pond is uber-cool and soothing. Thanks so much for the reminder.

I don't know how you knit and watch at the same time.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home