Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time Bandits

I got sidetracked by Ravelry. I got my invitation, started exploring, started uploading projects, began looking at other members and the forums. What with everything else, I neglected to post here.


Then, on Tuesday my book came and I was not about to do anything but knit and listen to Jim Dale on my iPod. I finished yesterday evening.

Mystery Stole 3 is chugging along. During some of the more exciting parts of HP & the Deathly Hallows I would make mistakes and have to frog. I only have 20 rows left of Clue 4.


While waiting for the crashed computer at work to not do anything, I made major progress on my Diagonal Rib Socks by Ann Budd. (Free at Knitting Daily.)


I was using up some Toasty Toes yarn and ran out. I am calling these the Gold Toe sock(s).


What with all the endless lace, I wanted some comfort knitting so began these ribbed socks with some 70% wool, 30% silk Zwerger Garn Opal yarn I got from Mary at Sangeeta's yarn swap.


And then, today, I got the wool for my Sand Dollar pullover from Knitting Nature. It is Louet Riverstone, 4 sts to the inch.


Last but not least, here is Dogwood watching the Whippeterrorists playing with their pal, Goldie.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

I love doggie romps! Especially if I am in the middle of it. ;-)

Those purply socks are amazing. Beautiful yarn.

I am so happy your audio books finally arrived. You had been waiting on those.

I should get into Ravelry around Christmas. Maybe. They are slow as molasses.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Cate, who are you on Ravelry I want to friend you up!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

needles54 and I found you and you are friended, a favorite picked out already!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh good -- I can't wait to see how that Opal knits up! The Toesty Toes socks are gorgeous, by the way....

10:10 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

love those gold toe sox...and how fun...dogwood looks like he's enjoying those whippetterrorists :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger benne said...

Hard to believe Harry's story has ended. I want to reread the entire series and look for clues. JKR said she will probably publish an encyclopedia explaining a lot of things, I hope so.
The yarn for Starfish is beautiful, it's a great color for you and the pattern. As usual, great socks!
I saw the largest whippet on the news yesterday morning. It was weird-looking.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

So, how did you like Hallows? I was reading your profile and both JK Rowling and Diana Gabaldon are my favorite authors.

Now onto knitting...your socks are lovely! And if I may ask yet another question, how do you like Ravelry? I'm wait-listed.

3:23 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I love those socks, Cate. They look BEAUTIFUL!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

i'll be v. interested to see that louet when it's knit up. Love the color for you!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cate,
I found your blog via Six Sox KAL. I'm in Richmond too! There are a few knitting groups I regularly meet up with -- if you are interested in any of them, please be in touch! louwrightATnetzeroDOTcom

I'm big into knitting socks, just started my MS3, and I'm a huge HP fan too so it seems we already have common interests. (And I love dogs.) Right now, I'm blog-free -- just no time to keep up with one. I'm waiting for my ravelry invite.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cate... I'm Linda, the other knitter in the December WHCA show. How do you get your audio CD's transferred into iTunes? I've not had success with that, because it just labels them 'track 1', 'track 2', etc... My daughter and I would BOTH love to have our HP books on our iPods! Thanks, and see you either at 'the Lounge' or in December!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home