Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fits and Starts


I am so glad I began the Tangled Yoke cardigan with the sleeves. As the pattern is written, they are just too tight for my fat upper arm. It is a pretty simple fix, just frog back to the ribbing and increase more stitches on the way to the top. Then, just increase the body by the same number of stitches and add in a couple of repeats of the cable pattern. Still, I was annoyed enough to put the project in time out and cast on for two new projects.

The next deadline for afghans for Afghans is October 12. This time they are collecting clothing and blankets for children age 7 to 17. Since they never get enough sweaters (or socks), I am going to make a couple of sweaters. I am almost done with the first one and will post a picture soon.

The other sweater I have begun is the Minimalist cardigan from the same issue of Interweave Knits as the Tangled Yoke. Miles and miles of moss stitch using the yarn I got to make the Sand Dollar pullover and then didn't get gauge.

But I did finish something!



Swan Lake, aka Mystery Stole #3, is done and ready for blocking this weekend.


Laura from Yarn Church knit this baby sweater from a pattern in Greetings from the Knit Cafe. It is knit from side to side in a very attractive waffle stitch.


The sweater crosses in the back and ties in front.

For those of you wondering about my post featuring my nephew's baseball card, I was thinking like a proud aunt and not like a careful parent. When his folks asked me to remove his picture, I did so immediately. Some aspects of this modern world sure are crappy.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

That tangled yoke looks so close fitting on the model. I decided to "up the size" all round. I don't want to be knitting that baby only to have it not fit.

2:38 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

The Swan Lake looks wonderful. Glad to know the TY fits so closely, I will be sure to doublecheck the measurements before I start.

4:48 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

the swan lake looks breathtaking...seriously...i gasped! good catch on the sweater!

11:19 PM  
Blogger benne said...

GATE! Swan Lake is stunning! Your knitting is wonderful. You have so many beautiful FO's since I've visited you last. Of course, I love the doggie pics.:-}

10:22 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Oh, your shawl looks amazing. I am glad you kept up with it so I could vicariously enjoy the malabrigo lace. ;-p

The is the cutest baby sweater with the tie in the back. I'd like one myself.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I was looking at your MS3 on Ravelry last night -- it's just lovely! The wing turned out beautifully. That Malabrigo never fails to enchant me.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your stole is beautiful!

8:03 AM  
Blogger smariek said...

Swan Lake is gorgeous!

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home