Monday, November 05, 2007

Lostober

Thanks for the emails & comments. October slid by and I never got around to updating here. Here are some highlights of the month.

I made this Sand Dollar Pullover from Knitting Nature by the genius, Norah Gaughan. I used Zealana Chunky, a merino/delaka blend. Delaka is the evil New Zealand "possum" which is eating the country.


We did a Libra Birthday Swap on Ravelry and I got a great package from Sharon. The best part of the gift was a donation to Heifer.


I also participated in a mitten swap on Ravelry. My upstream pal, Delana, totally wowed me with her beautiful gloves made from Rowan 4 Ply.


I finished the I Love Gansey socks from the Six Sox KAL. The skulls didn't really look like skulls but the twisted cables turned out well. They were my first attempt at cabling without a needle. I haven't worn them yet. The 80 & 90 degree F weather stuck around for most of the month. Now that they are properly photographed, they have been added to the sock drawer.


Finally finished the green blob that had been lingering since May. It is the Knitting Pure & Simple Split Neck T. Knitted with some well marinated Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in Cactus.


Had to show you my sister's fabulous find. Annie got Alice Starmore's Tudor Roses at the Gloucester Public Library book sale. She is selling it, if anyone is interested.


And for a bit of a laugh. This is from a recent Sunday New York Times fashion spread. Doesn't she look like a Goth Borrower?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

You're back!! I know what you mean..October flew by.
I LOVE your sweater and I agree Norah Gaughan is a genius, I love her patterns!

10:02 AM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

yay! cate's posting again! love the sand dollar, the split neck, the sox...evvything! yay cate's back! whoohoo!my word verify is tolspszm...totalspaz!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you back, Cate. Had to laugh at the Goth Borrower! Just what I would picture.

Good deal for your DS-she should have no problem selling Alice!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Well jeez, it's been awhile. Who are you again? ;-p

LOVE the KPS sweater!

10:18 AM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

Love all of your FOs! Great job! Do you know how much your sister is selling Tudor Roses?

8:56 AM  
Blogger benne said...

Cate, your sweaters are fantastic! I love how they look on you. I especially admire the Sand Dollar sweater and the way the front comes together. Dang, I love the way Gaughan's mind works. I keep looking at Knitting Nature, seeing more genius everytime I look at it.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the Sand Dollar pullover! You look mahhhvaalous!

3:22 PM  
Blogger me... said...

Just discovered your blog. Great fun and beautiful projects.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cate, your FOs are all just gorgeous, as usual, and look great on you, but then, I've never seen a non-beautiful anything come from your needles, (except perhaps for the chewed up sock that is your avatar on Ravelry, and we know that wasn't your doing!) ;-)

I'd be interested in buying Tudor Roses, if it's not already taken.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Did you foster a whippet 10 years ago named Red Bud/Elam? If you did I just wanted to let you know we adopted him and still have him, he just turned 12. His name is Nemo and he's the best, and probably most spoiled dog on the planet. Thank you for taking care of him while you had him, he's the light of our life. :-)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah Regan Snavely said...

Cate! Would love to "talk" if you have some time...

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Happy Knitting 2008!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just finding your blog today. I'm sure I'm 2 months too late, but would be interested in the Tudor Roses book if still available. Thank you, Kristi

email: queenbee1958@gmail.com

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home