Monday, September 24, 2007

Okay Okay


The Minimalist Cardigan from the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits is finished. What a satisfying project. The moss stitch kept me busy and the yarn was very enjoyable. I used Louet Riverstone in French blue. The weather has cooled down enough to turn off the airconditioning but not enough to wear sweaters. I'm waiting fairly impatiently.


Because the pieces were distorted, I blocked them all before sewing up the sweater.


My sister, Annie, has come over to the dark side. She took a No Knitting vow a few years ago but broke down this week. She said it was just like remembering how to ride a bicycle and began again with no coaching. She is beginning with a sweater for the afghans for Afghans October campaign.


Teri-Kay is celebrating her One Year Knittingaversary this week and bringing a cake to Knit Night at The Yarn Lounge tomorrow. Her most recent FO is this huge poncho knit from Malabrigo (colored stripes) and some custom spun alpaca and wool.


I finally found the right yarn for the Sand Dollar Pullover by Norah Gaughan from Knitting Nature. It is by Zealana and is 80% merino wool and 20% delaka. What is delaka? It comes from the Australian Brush tailed Delaka (or Possum). A distant and somewhat cuter relative of our Virginia Opossum which is eating New Zealand. It was introduced in the 19th Century, escaped, has no natural predators, has lots of babies, eats new growth of plants and trees, eats bird eggs and probably more nasty things I can't remember. Anyway, I am using the color in the lower left corner of this picture. It is called Swamp.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Love the cardigan -- great job and it looks very nice on you! :-) Congrats on getting your sister over to the bright side! Wish I could convince any of my family members to get more interested in it. Oh well....

7:23 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Nice cardigan, love the color.

Okay...about this yarn, I hope the "Cute" Australian cousin smells better than ours! I caught one here at the house that smelled to horrible!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a great cardi, you can wear that with most anything!
I too wish more of my family knit...or any of them. I got my sis a whole set of needles and everything; but we never get together like we planned on.
Oh yes and I LOVE that your Whippet is named "Moose"! That is adorable!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

your cardigan is fabulous, and I can't wait to see the new sweater in the Swamp. The gold is very pretty too (maybe yellow but looks goldish here)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Yay Annie! You'll love the Dark Side. ;-}

Love that sweater. Bet that moss st sure kept you "busy".

1:22 PM  
Blogger Delana said...

The cardigan looks great! I'm with you on waiting impatiently for the weather to turn cool enough to wear sweaters. I've made several this year I can't wait to wear :o)

8:34 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

Wow. Annie's so good with the pen and ink, I am looking forward to seeing what she knits!

1:09 PM  
Blogger lemmie said...

Love your cardigan Cate!
Looks fantastic on you!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home