Knitter's Scavenger Hunt Swap
1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?
Both but rarely crochet. I can't remember when I learned to knit although I know my cousin, Jane, taught me how to make fair isle hats in about 1964.
2) What is on your needles/hook right now?
Monkey socks with pattern and yarn from my Ravelry Holiday swap partner, Jocelyn.
Jim's cabled cardigan from Rowan Knitting for Him in O-wool Classic.
My revised Not-Tangled-Yoke Cardigan in Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool.
3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
1. Tape measure. 2. Scissors. 3. Tapestry needle.
4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)?
Any Fleece Artist sock yarn. Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. Jo Sharp Silkroad tweed.
What are your 3 least favorite?
The usual icky acrylics.
5) What is your favorite color?
6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?
Piece of Cake! Armsful of Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool, Rowan Felted Tweed, Fleece Artist sock yarns, Malabrigo worsted, Elsa Sheep & Wool Cormo (any weight). If time, Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca & Silk, Jo Sharp Silkroad tweed (any weight), Thirteen Mile yarn. You get the picture.
7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
My Knitting Pure & Simple cardigan knit from Lamb's Pride dark charcoal worsted. It is too big for me now but I still wear it all the time.
8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?
Socks. Sweaters. Items for afghans for Afghans.
9) Do you collect anything?
Dust bunnies. I am at the age where I really want to get rid of things, not acquire them.
10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
Sitting on my sofa knitting with the Whippets in my lap and Dogwood nearby. The time in bed just before falling asleep.
My morning coffee in the mug my brother, Craig, gave me several years ago. Falling in love with a new author and reading every book s/he has written. Sitting at the table at The Yarn Lounge, knitting and listening to my friends talking with each other.
11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?
Oh, yes, I am knitfitt on Ravelry.
12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?
Dark roast coffee, freshly ground from whole beans.
13) Favorite Sweets?
Really good dark chocolate. Just discovered the Vosges chocolates with unusual combinations of flavors. I also really like bread pudding, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, Stonyfield French Vanilla yogurt.
14) Any allergies?
15) Do you have pets? kids?
My beloved Scottish Deerhound, Dogwood. My Whippet, Moose. The evil long-term foster Whippet, Peach. No kids.