Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Helllllp me, I'm melting

You know that Joni Mitchell song that begins Hellllp me, I'm falling? Well, that's what I have been singing except I had to change it to Hellllp me, I'm melting because it is so hot. It was 105 in my car this afternoon. I know I am in Virginia and it is always hot here in August (and June and July and September) but I still am amazed when I walk out into a thick wall of heat.


I've been working on the sleeve of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan in the vain hope that by the time I finish the two sleeves it will have cooled off enough not to be too miserable with the body of the sweater in my lap. I am enjoying the yarn which Stewart found at the sheep and wool festival in Taos.


Clue 5 of Mystery Stole 3 is complete. It is the beginning of the wing. I am getting somewhat burned out with the lace. Still love the yarn but knitting it is so dang fiddly and I'm not really a lacy person. I want to spend my time making something I will actually wear or projects for afghans for Afghans. Ravelry really sucked me in too. I am almost finished posting my projects and have no intentions of putting my stash up. I like the feature where you are matched up with people who have knit the same projects you have. The forums cover the gamut. I even joined one for owners of big dogs.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Your shawl still looks incredible - the prettiest one I've seen thus far.

Ravely is definitely a time suck. A fun one, at that.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

i have never even started the stole and now I am glad, I am just not sure what I want to do I am not a stole person, I prefer squares, circles and triangles so I will wait it out and watch for the finished results to do it. I am working very hard on Mystery Shawl 4 which will be an Octagon and I love it to death. Your shawl looks so delicate! And I love the other knitting you are doing too! As for Ravelry I am in awe at that place, eventually though you get through it pretty quickly and its not as much of a time drain!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

I can't believe you can even touch wool in this weather. I can't even touch cotton. Oysh. My poor AC is struggling to stay at 80 in the house. It's a scorcher baby!

10:17 PM  
Blogger lemmie said...

the heat is awful! i have been meaning to finish up ben's sweater but it's so heavy i can't even do it in the ac!

i agree with mary - my whole weekend will be spent on ravelry!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm amazed that you are still plugging away at the stole! I'm on clue two and I have not knitted a stitch in days. Every time I get ready to pick up the needles, one of the kids must have my attention at that moment in time or all hell will break loose.

Libby

1:10 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I am with you,Cate, I am messing with mohair lace right now. Pray for rain.

BTW, you stole looks beautiful.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

I feel so sorry for your southern gals with all the heat. We woke up to 40 deg this AM. Wish I could bottle some and ship it down to you. :-}

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home