Friday, August 17, 2007

No wonder I was complaining

Last Wednesday was the hottest day since July 1977! I was living here then in an apartment with no air conditioning. The building was old and the systems had never been updated. The electrical service could not even support a window unit. In order to sleep, I would put a box fan on either side of my bed and drape a wet washcloth over my face. I was in graduate school then so I probably spent my days at the studio where it was somewhat cooler.


Finished the first sock from Mary's yarn. One more to go and I can begin the I Love Gansey socks.


Also finished the first sleeve of my Tangled Yoke cardigan. I have really been enjoying the Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool yarn. To keep the variegation subtle, I switched to using two different skeins once the ribbing was complete.


I've been spending lots of time uploading pictures to Flickr for my Ravelry page. This little EZ February Baby Sweater is from several years ago. It is my favorite baby pattern - what a classic.


Peach says pay attention to ME!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzann said...

Last Weds was a stinker in Va Beach also. I am far enough away from the beach not to get those cooling sea breezes.
The EZ baby sweater is adorable. Which one is it? I made the Baby Surprise and the kid still isn't big enough to wear it.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Suzann said...

oops, the socks are look great. What is the yarn?

10:35 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I like the sock-very nice! And Peach~

11:15 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

I jusst finished up to the armpits of the body of tangled yoke and half of one sleeve. The Knitting Pranksters had a good laugh at me and I've got 2 rows of non-ribbed garter about 2/3 then 1/3 down the sleeve. I thought I could live with it but today is frog city. ugh

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sleeve is inspiring. I'm going to make that sweater soon.

Gotta love that Peach...Bri

PS. I have a feeling that Mike Vick is going to the big house!!!!!! Dog lovers of the world (and doggies) can rest easier knowing one fighting ring is done.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Gosh that sock yarn knits up pretty -- I'm so glad you're getting good use from it.

Love the EZ baby sweater!

Is that a doggie nose up in the camera lens?

10:28 PM  
Blogger lemmie said...

i love that sweater! how cute! socks are great too. btw - where did you get your sock blockers?

8:56 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Cate, everything okay??? I noticed you deleted your last post Hope all is okay!! Grace

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home