Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mmmmalabrigo Swap, some recent knitting & Rats

Phew, I'm deep in Tax Season. It was great to come home the other day to a treasure filled box from my Ravelry Malabrigo Swap partner, Kim.

The entire box of goodies.


The yarn - 2 skeins of Malabrigo worsted in the Verde Adriana colorway and one of the Silky Merino (50% silk, 50% merino) in Purple Mystery. I had never seen or touched the Silky Merino - what luxury. I am already halfway the first wristwarmer.


The knitted by Kim treasures - a little neck warmer I had in my Ravelry Queue and a face cloth with some Valentine's soap.


Edible goodies - Tanzania Peaberry coffee beans and two bars of excellent dark chocolate.


A little Peace bear - because of my past history as a Peacenik?? There was oh-so-much more, a tiny knitting emergency tool kit, a fleecy throw and socks, a strange creature with rolling eyes, hand cleaner (Kim is a nurse) and lotion. Plus she made a donation to Heifer. Wow!


I finished my Monkey socks designed by Cookie A. Thanks again to my Holiday Swap partner, Jocelyn, for the yarn and pattern.




I stole this picture from The Yarn Lounge blog. I made almost matching scarves for Courtney and me. One skein each of Ozark Handspun and buttons I bought in Helsinki back in 1996 when Jim took me to Scandinavia for my 50th.

And, because this is the Year of the Rat, be sure to check out Hero Rat.

9 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Ooohhh.....the neck bow!

I made one of these last week and I find myself wearing it ALL THE TIME. The house is cold; it helps. It works great as a knitted "accent" with my regular and work clothes--not all of us knit at work!! or even work with knitters, so its nice to have a knitted badge of power to wear. Plus, its so comfortable. Hope you like wearing yours as much as I do mine!

I think I need to make another one...

1:54 PM  
Blogger k_purls2 said...

Wow, your package is really nice! I'm curious to see how your wristwarmers from Louisa Harding's book turn out (read your post in our Ravelry/Malabrigo swap.)

Thanks for sharing!

11:07 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

It's always nice to get a pleasant surprise in the mail. Mmm... chocolate! I've been craving chocolate, and dark chocolate is my fave. That's a really cute bow knot scarf, great color too.

2:56 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

That's a fun package!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

Now I have an inferiority complex as your half-birthday swap partner! But I think the strange green toy is a "Furby" - fad item from a while back. Enjoy the goodies!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

My gawd, woman, what a swag score! What fun & you deserve it.

I love that easy bowknot pattern and just today wound up some yarn Benne sent me to make one for ME. It really keeps that part of the neck warm without bulk. Very wearable. I've given a few as gifts.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Delana said...

Nice swap package!

Got your message in Ravelry finally (haven't been interneting it much lately). I'm so glad you are enjoying the gloves. I bought some of the same yarn in purple to make some for myself since I liked the ones I knit for you so much, just never have cast on. Maybe that should be my next small project?

5:34 PM  
Blogger mellowbeing said...

Heya, I couldn't see where to contact you so I'm leaving ya a comment on your blog. I read about the Flip Top Mittens pattern on Ravelry and it points to your site - I can't seem to find it on your blog though. Sorry to bug ya but could you point me to where I could find the pattern? They're exactly what I've been looking for and I'd love to make them :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Your package was amazing!!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home