Monday, March 03, 2008

Scavenger Hunt package arrival & more


Nothing like coming home from 8 hours of wrangling tax returns to find a package waiting on the porch. It was from my Scavenger Hunt Swap pal, Heather.


It was filled with goodies - 3 different yarns - none of which I've used, handmade soap, candy, At Knit's End, sudoku puzzles, etc. She did a good job figuring out what I would like, although the sudoku can wait until after Tax Season.


This is a close up of the hand carved, stone button I used for my Ozark Handspun scarf, one of the buttons I bought when Jim took me to Finland in 1996. I asked for help on the Finnish Knitters forum on Ravelry and found out that UNAKIITTI is Unakite in English. It is the State Stone of Virginia and comes from the Blue Ridge Mountains. So my souvenir of Finland originated in Virginia. At least it wasn't made in China.


Ellen wanted to tackle cables in the last session of Yarn Church. Didn't she do a good job? The pattern is from Hip To Knit and the yarn is Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed. She made me promise I wouldn't show her face in the photo - too bad, she has a nice face.

6 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

It's a good looking vest, too!

2:52 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

Oooh, Sudoku, that would keep me happily distracted for a while.

Ellen's vest looks great.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Great looking vest! Love those cables.

Also great treat box. Nothing like some yarn swag to distract one momentarily from a pile of tax returns, huh? ;-p

2:40 PM  
Blogger Phyllis T. of Knitgirlll06 said...

Great looking package. Getting goodies is always a great feeling. Your projects are really nice. Have been a lurker for a while and thought I'd come out of hiding.

2:37 PM  
Blogger missliz said...

Love your Blog! I am new to blogging so I have alot to learn. I am so excited to know there are other knitters like me on the planet. I will check back for future post to see what you are up to.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice finds! Is the wool part of the bargain hunt box too? I'm having a hard time looking for good wool lately, since it's winter and many local farms refuse to cut off wool from their sheeps. I'm now forced to go tp the downtown market every weekends just to look for good wool. I would've knitted the yarn i got from testing out my hand carder but I use the yarn i get to test my other new equipments: the weaving looms. I'm not planning to keep all these looms but I'm obligated to check these things first before giving it to my relatives. Sadly, I'm currently stuck with no more wool and yarn for me to even knit.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home