Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hound News & Knitting

Important Deerhound News!
Extra! Extra! Cleod, a Deerhound, stars as Sirius Black's animagus in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Read about it in Christie Keith's entry over at the Pet Connection blog.


Clue 3 of Mystery Stole 3 comes out tomorrow. I have completed Clue 1.


And Clue 2.


Just one small problem. I absent-mindedly repeated two rows so the reverse chevron has a bit of a detour. At least it is symmetrical. I am still loving the Malabrigo Lace Weight. The Yarn Lounge got a shipment today of lots of delectable colors.


Laura attends Sunday Yarn Church. She has had fun making the Bubble Pullover from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan. Laura's enthusiasm inspired me to take another look at the book and now it is on my wish list.


This shot shows the hexagon sections a bit more clearly.

Jennifer, I couldn't figure out how else to contact you. I don't teach weaving but theVisual Arts Center of Richmond (formerly The Hand Workshop) offers weaving classes.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Well, that laceweight Malabrigo is knitting up just beautifully -- the shawl looks gorgeous even before blocking! You're a good salesknitter for it! :-)

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn (the Malabrigo) looks absolutely yummy!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Susie H said...

Your stole looks lovely - fluffy yet substantial at the same time. I want to reach through and pat that yarn!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

I am going to see HP this afternoon with my 11 yr old neighbor. We'll keep a look out for the pup!

Love that malabrigo. Bet it also feels great on the hands.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

The stole looks great!!!! I'm knitting my first one out of Dawn 50% NZ wool and 50% silk. It looks much like yours. I haven't started my second yet since I am still on clue 1 with the first!!!! I noticed the Deer Hound in HP. We love them and hope to own one eventually.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks Great!! I really like it in the lighter color.

9:37 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

The stole looks beautiful...I can't wait to see how they turn out!

11:27 AM  
Blogger T said...

Your MS3 looks much more "touchable" than many I've seen - like it's not going to disintegrate the first time it's worn.

Hmm.. How did that sound? What I'm trying to say is that it's a GOOD thing - your stole is lovely! ::off to get more coffee to get this taste of foot out of my mouth...::

1:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cate,

Your MS3 is looking great!!! I'm still plugging away on the first clue. I agree with T, your stole looks like its gonna last where mine looks like it could fall apart after the first wearing. I'm doing it out of elann's Super Kydd with blue beads. I'm loving the results though.

Libby

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stole is coming along beautifully - can't wait to see more of it! And awwww, that Malabrigo looks ever so yummy, it must feel like heaven to the skin!

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again and thanks for the response! I have no idea how this whole blog thing works so sorry if I did not leave contact info! Do I just post my email address? I've taken classes at the Visual Arts Center and love them but am looking for someone to come to my home to help me set up my loom and get me on the road to weaving again. I found your name associated with teaching for the VMFA (I think that was where) so wondered if you knew of anyone.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See! I meant to post the comment above with my name and somehow it came out "anonymous"

Clearly I'm out of my element!!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home