Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lace Mania

Teri-Kay's Birthday Socks are finished!

Can you tell they are lace? She is wearing just the sort of shoes I had pictured for these socks.


Victorian Lace Socks designed by Lorri Ann Romesberg for the Six Sox Knitalong at Yahoo. I used the Fleece Artist Sea Wool sock yarn (70% merino, 30% sea cell) on US#1 dpns. Begun June 9, completed June 17. The chart was easy and interesting to follow. The yarn felt silky and smooth. I enjoyed this project.


The Yarn Lounge received some of the new Malabrigo 100% baby merino laceweight yarn on Friday. I saw it, felt it and lusted after it yesterday but had no excuse to purchase any. Last night I signed up to participate in Mystery Stole 3. When I downloaded the introductory instuctions I discovered that 1200 yards of white or black laceweight yarn was recommended for the project. Just the excuse I needed!


This is my unblocked gauge swatch using US#3 needles. The single ply yarn is very soft but still quite sturdy. I am looking forward to beginning my stole on June 29.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cys,
Boy, you just go from strength to strength! Someday when you can whip lace out in your sleep (Don't say you don't sleepknit - I *know* you do!) I want a Shetland shawl like the one you brought home from the year you went to art school in London. All soft, heathery green, hugging whover wore it with love...

LOLAK,
cys

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cate, your socks look beautiful - what a wonderful gift for your friend! I'm further tempted to sign up for the "mystery stole 3 " - you're the second blog acquaintance today who has mentioned it, and I seem to be on a bit of a lace kick myself :).

9:58 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow, that Malabrigo laceweight knits up beautifully! Your swatch is gorgeous, even unblocked. Nice!

11:22 PM  
Blogger N. Maria said...

The VL socks are beautiful!
Your shawl swatch looks like the pattern I just finished on my socks from the Handknit socks group. It is a very nice and easy pattern.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yummy, these socks are so gorgeous! You know what a sucker for lacey socks I am, and this pattern is particularly beautiful! What a great gift for your friend, she's going to love it big time!

2:45 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

Those are hot mama socks! They look great.

I think your mystery project is going to be lovely!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Lusting after the Malabrigo too!!

Awesome socks. I just joined that Yahoo group so plan to knit all the patterns.

9:50 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

That malabrigo lace would be absolutely scrumptious. I'm drooling.

You've been lacing up a storm, Cate. The socks look great. Lucky lucky Teri-Kaye!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lorri said...

Love your Victorian Lace Socks. Oddly enough I had never pictured handknit socks in high-heeled sandals but they seem to work. Enjoy the new yarn!

1:45 PM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

I signed up for that as well! I am still waiting for my yarn though. I really hope that I get it in time to start the project. :)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cate,
You make the most delectable socks!
And the white lace stole is going to be a beauty and lovely to wear during the winter!
Jamie

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home