Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Movie Perfection (and others)


In The Mood For Love, directed by Wong Kar-Wai, starring Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung. Perfection in 98 minutes. Between the visual beauty and the subtitles, not a good knitting movie, but it is so worth it. I watched most of the extras in the 2 disc set.

After that it is kind of hard to mention other movies but I have watched a bunch -

Zach Braff did a good job writing, directing and starring in Garden State with Natalie Portman. Funny, intelligent, and not your typical love story.

Bend It Like Beckham is Gurinder Chadha's sweet sports tale and loving tribute to her family. Truly, Madly, Deeply's Juliet Stevenson played Keira Knightly's mother - a real bonus.

Also seen and enjoyed - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. The actress who played Lucy was especially good. The Royal Tenenbaums had a terrific cast that included Gene Hackman and Anjelica Huston.

How to categorize Bubba Ho-tep? Elvis and JFK (played by Ossie Davis) save their fellow residents of an East Texas nursing home from a soul sucking mummy. Roz lent me this one. She thought I might like it. I kind of did.

On the other hand, I thought Restoration was a monumental waste of money and talent (Robert Downey Jr.!!).

As for knitting content, some of the models from Big Girl Knits are members of The Glamazons. Last night they were picked on NBC's America's Got Talent to progress to the next level. Watch next Tuesday at 8:00 pm to see how they do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the movie reviews. We have reached the unbearably hot portion of the year when movies are king! I have an in the theatre suggestion, "Once." It's showing here, and I cannot wait to see it. Bri

6:27 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

I saw the Glamazons on America's Got Talent and my jaw just totally dropped...awesome talent there and what a great act they have!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

I saw the Glamazons too! They were hysterical. I hope they go far. The audience was really behind them.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of "Movie Perfection" I saw Ratatouille and it is damn near perfect! Funny, moving, great chase scenes, amazing graphics and animation. Worth seeing in an actual theater rather than waiting until it hits netflix. I will definitely watch this one again as I *know* I missed stuff going on...

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home