Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer (of Socks)


Since today is the first day of Summer, the Summer of Socks knitalong began today. I went four long days without socks on the needles so I would be starting fresh for the KAL. This is the beginning of the Horcrux socks, designed by Susan Pierce Lawrence for the April 2007 Six Sox knitalong. I am using black Regia Silk Shine from my stash. It is 52% merino, 23% polyamid, 20% silk. The knitalong is just about perfect for me since all I have to do is knit socks between now and September 21, post pictures on Flickr and let my blog watcher know if I have posted about any socks. There are some contests, including one for the most socks knit but I am not going to even try. I knit socks for relaxation, not for sport.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger knitfriendly said...

That pattern looks great in that yarn! :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

I am getting ready to CO that pattern this week too. In a Gryffindor colorway.

10:09 AM  
Blogger jayne said...

This knitalong is a no-brainer for you!

10:49 AM  
Blogger benne said...

The yarn is beautiful, Cate. Silk too, very nice. Joan and I are making twin socks - same pattern, same colorway. I'm hoping you two can get me through my first socks. I really like the Victorian Lace socks that you made for your friend, so pretty. Great shoes, too.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home