Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Frog Pond, FOs & Fools


This pattern in the Winter 2004 Knitters inspired my first attempt at lace. It was to be my next door neighbor's 2005 Christimas present.


UFO completion is related to stash shopping but when I pulled out my half finished scarf, I knew it was destined for the frog pond.


Mistakes that might have been okay two years ago just aren't acceptable now.


These are only some of the more obvious flaws.
She got a store bought present that year.


Marge used to come to Yarn Church. She recently finished a scarf she had begun there and sent me this picture.


While waiting for the a/c to kick in yesterday (I gave up waiting until June 1), I finished these socks.
Details:
Basic sock pattern from A Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. K5, P3 ribbing. Forgot to do the sl1,k1 heel flap.
Sock one - leg on 2s, foot on 1s. Second sock - forgot to switch to 1s.
2 skeins Regia Silk Color yarn. 55% merino, 25% polyamide, 20% silk. Machine washable.
Didn't really like the color combo until Teri-Kay saw it and declared it Retro. She was right.


As soon as I finished the socks, I cast on for the somewhat lacy Fools Rush Sock, a free pattern by Cassandra Thoreson. I'm using more stash, this time some handpainted Wildfoote from Brown Sheep.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

Chuck that stupid Victorian Ruby.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't I just love to be YOUR neighbor? Beautiful projects.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool that you're knitting my pattern. Let me know how it goes, please?!

I did the Victorian Ruby a while ago. It was a decent project, but I know exactly what you mean about the difference in perspective on acceptable mistakes - two years is a long time in knitting.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

what mistakes????? looks beautiful to me! The others do to!

3:24 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

You are doing so well with lace, Cate. Just lovely knitting.

I love the way you refer to each new sweater project as "blob." Always makes me smile. Especially as they look like anything but blobs once finished and on you.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home