Sunday, June 10, 2007

More Socks?


Yes, more socks! Finished the Fools Rush Socks yesterday. I really enjoyed Cassie's pattern & the only modification I made was to Kitchener Stitch the toe instead of gathering it. I used Handpaint Wildfoote yarn on size 2 dpns. It is the Rhapsody colorway. They are now in my sock drawer, resting and waiting for cooler weather to return.


Of course I started another pair of socks immediately. They are the June pattern for the Six Sox KAL at Yahoo. The pattern is called Victorian Lace. It is very well suited to the Seawool sock yarn by Fleece Artist. Teri-Kay picked out the yarn because these are her 50th birthday socks.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, they look great! I wouldn't have thought to try the pattern in a variegated yarn, but your socks show the lace pattern beautifully. So glad to hear that you enjoyed making them.

5:57 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I like Cassie's socks, and the Bday socks will be a nifty gifty!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cate - those socks are gorgeous.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Love your socks, Cate but I always do.

6:15 PM  
Blogger benne said...

Cate, you're an inspiration! Love those socks and I think the Victorian Lace socks are going to be very pretty and dressy.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are absolutely awesome! What a beautiful pattern, and I really love the warm and calm colorway you've been using - it goes perfectly along with the pattern! Great job!

2:47 AM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

ok yours are the second pair of sox i love this morning! and TKs birthday sox are my next pattern on the socklist!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love those socks -- pretty yarn and nice pattern, too! :-)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home