Monday, April 16, 2007

Sublime to Silly



A Very Long Engagement with Audrey Tautou (Amelie) and Gaspard Ulliel (now on screens as the young Hanibal Lecter). A very beautiful and romantic film that is not for the faint of heart due to the graphic scenes of World War I. Jodie Foster plays a French war widow who assists in Matilde's (Tautou) quest for the answer to Manech's (Ulliel) disappearance. This film rates a very rare five stars.

I also watched French Kiss (1995) with Meg Ryan & Kevin Kline. Silly movie - no chemistry between them. And I just don't find most characters who are petty criminals to be all that attractive. Some good musicians on the soundtrack though - Les Negresses Vertes, Paolo Conte & Van Morrison.

The chewed sock is in the landfill by now. It wouldn't have been worth the time to repair. The Yarn Lounge will have a washed Toasty Toes sock yarn sample & I will make myself another pair with the yarn left from the giant skein.

Peach generally confines her shredding to stuffed dog toys & empty food containers. For some reason, Moose (her uncle) did not get the Whippet shredding gene but it definitely runs in the family. His father was notorious for destroying his beds.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LisaW. said...

I misread Toasty Toes and thought you had written "tasty toes"...hahahahaha...thanks for reviewing "a very long engagement"...i enjoy Jodie Foster as an actress so will definately follow up! Poor Peach...the gal just cain't help herself!

2:10 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I'll look for the movie, Cate.

2:13 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

The Audrey tautou movie sounds/looks good. I did not like French Kiss, even though I like Kevin Kline in most things. That movie was dumb.

I like one he did a few years ago called Life as a House.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home