Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Pet Food Recall

One of the blogs I read on a regular basis has been covering the Menu pet food recall since the story first began to break.The Pet Connection blog features some of the most respected journalists who write about pets & the pet industries. If you still think this is a story about a few dogs & cats that died from eating bad dog food, check out the entries at Pet Connection for the past week or so. Thousands of pets have died and the most recent stories are to the effect that the contaminated wheat gluten was also sold to producers of food for humans. Sometimes I wish I had cable, Anderson Cooper was going to be covering the story on CNN. Christie Kieth from the Pet Connection blog was going to be on the show. Maybe it will show up on YouTube.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger LisaW. said...

doesnt this stuff make you just crazy...i check the website daily worrying that my furkids have had something bad...you know how delicate these hounds are...as long as their brand doesn't show up on the list...i'm ok....as for now people food...well, maybe now someone will need to take a "higher level" of responsibility....

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story is one of the scariest things in a while. I am taking care of my DD's dog and 18-year old cat and I absolutely freaked out that her cat had been eating the food. She wasn't but I swear when the first recall came out, my heart was pounding with fear. My kitty Jinx and Belle the Red Heeler eat Science Diet but not the recalled food, so far. As for me, who knows? I think his story is much larger and scarier than anyone suspected.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Perhaps you can follow it on CNN's website. Here's a little snippet of it: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/homemade.petfood.ap/index.html

So far, I've felt safe since I feed mine the dried cat food, but am waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding that stuff....

1:47 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

The first thing I told DH when they named one of the contaminates was "I wonder if it's in our food".

Makes me a little crazy because there are farmers that are paid to not raise crops....then we go overseas and buy wheat. It doesn't make sense. And thanks for the link, Cate.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home