Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Shuffle, a book & Sunny's FO

1. Toada em Realejo - Cristina Branco
2. Songwriter - Willie Nelson
3. Long Time - Lightnin' Hopkins
4. Un Gelato al Limone - Paolo Conte
5. Pledging My Time - Greg Brown (from A Nod to Bob)
6. Home of the Blues - Johnny Cash
7. Cowboy Ramsey - Don Walser
8. People - Joan Armatrading
9. Palavras Proibidas - Cristina Branco
10. Woman of Heart & Mind (live) - Joni MItchell
Funny, with almost a thousand songs to choose from Shuffle picked two by Cristina Branco. She is a great contemporary fado singer.

Finished listening to Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie. A rich combination of beauty, politics, love & vengence. Maybe a bit too long.


Sunny with her very first FO. A baby hat in Blue Sky 100% cotton, completed last night in class.


I am thinking of these as my Spring Fever socks. This one came off the needles Thursday morning. I am already nearly finished with the leg of the second one.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CatBookMom said...

Yay for the first FO!! Nicely done, too. And the socks are looking great. I enjoy reading the diversity of your listening list, though I'm such a fuddy-duddy that I haven't heard of many of the performers.

I wonder if 'coqbeq' means anything in French? That's my verification word.

12:53 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

Oh, you've had lots of time for knitting and blogging. Still waiting for work? I caught up on several posts here. Impressive sock surgery. Your bravery paid off.

I like the spring fever socks a lot. Wonderful greens.

My word is krizk, as in I have a krizk in my nezck.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hi Cate, I don't have an email for you, but Thank you for identifying that vine for me! It's growing on the fence of the synagogue across the street from our office and I'll have to try to get some seeds this year and see if I can get some going at home.

Of course I remember you from YL. I hope Krista and I will be back to visit again soon.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home