Monday, April 02, 2007

It really is Spring


The Spring Fever socks were finished during yesterday's Yarn Church. They are Evelyn Clark's Retro Rib Socks from Favorite Socks. The legs were knit on 2s and the feet on 1s using Fleece Artist washable merino sock yarn.


A better detail of the ribbing.


My next socks are knit from the toe up using Fleece Artist washable merino sock yarn in the Tiger colorway. The hank was a bit deceptive. I didn't expect so much black & at first the socks reminded me a bit of the German flag. Now they seem to be more in the Name That Tartan category. I like the way the rib stands out due to slipping the stitch every other row.


The prolific Teri-Kay as Little Red Riding Hood. It is from Teva Durham's Loop d Loop.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

The socks are great. That second sock yarn is very interesting!

Is that a different "Loop d Loop" book than Teva Durham's version?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

Oops, Mary. I fixed it. That's what I get for relying on my fading memory.

(for other readers, I had listed the wrong person as author and misspelled the title of Teri-Kay's book)

Cate

12:26 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Only reason I knew the author of that book is that I got to meet her up at the Knitter's Review retreat. Cool patterns in that book, aren't they?

12:37 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

Love your spring socks and love how the slipstitch/rib thing whatever you've got going on with the "flag" colors! So you gotta tell me what the "official" name of that fiber festival you were talking about is so I can google it and do the tickets and all! whoohoo...
Oh, yeah, and that Teri-Kay, how cute!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home