Sunday, March 25, 2007

FOs & a Beginning


Kate finished this top using some luxurious yarn from Artyarns in San Francisco. If it fits her, she is going to keep it. If not, she will send it to her daughter. I hope it fits.


Teri-Kay finished these fingerless mitts. She used Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk.


I finished my Snap Cardigan, a Blue Sky pattern, using Blue Sky 100% cotton. I washed the snap tape & the sweater before sewing on the tape. The sweater grew at least one size. Next time I wash it, I am going to dry it on Hot. It is very comfortable and soft. Notice the amazing coincidence of my only pair of Crocs matching the sweater as if planned.


The Fleece Artist Ruby socks are finished. They are my favorites. I plan to wear them on Tuesday for Knit Night at The Yarn Lounge.


My next socks are the Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn Clark in Favorite Socks. I can't remember the name of the Fleece Artist colorway but it is an excellent green.

Can you tell I finished my temp job on Tuesday? I have been knitting nonstop since then. I've turned down one job so far. It involved a commute to Petersburg (45 minutes). I didn't want to add that much time to leaving the dogs for the day. Also I didn't want to spend the money on gas & the extra wear on my car.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger jayne said...

The snap cardi looks wonderful, Cate. I have three little skeins of that yarn in a summery orange for a tank. It is delighfully soft, so I know how cuddly that cardi is. Hope it shrinks to fit the shrinking you. I had noticed the match with the crocs, and wondered if you had different colours to match outfits. :)

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have a lot of fun at yarn church! Your snap cardi is great - what a drag that it grew tho!! sure hope time in the dryer will help. It is such a versatile jacket - you'll want to wear it all the time.
Les

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first thing I thought when I saw your picture was, whoa, Cate, great cardi and check out those crocs! Hope the dryer time does the trick. The color is beautiful on you.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Cate, love that purple. You look great in color, girl! Walk away from the black..LOL.
Which FA yarn are you using for the socks? I'm using that green in FA's BFL for a felted summer bag.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love the snap cardi, Cate -- nice job! And that's a great color on you! Yes, do share the results of drying the sweater on HOT. I have some Blue Sky cotton in an aqua -- not enough for a snap cardi, unfortunately, but perhaps enough for a shell. It will be nice to know how the yarn behaves after washing and drying.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when things like the crocs and the sweater come together?! You are lookin' great in the snap cardi. The green yarn for the new socks *is* a wonderful green. You're right. Bri

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cardi looks great - lovely colour. The ruby socks turned out beautifully too - I do love the green FA you've chosen, looks like the "moss" colourway - a very pretty one :).

9:56 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Wow, I love that cardi on you!
You're not working? I'll call you.
xoxox Deborah

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home