Saturday, March 24, 2007

Irish Hiking Scarf


No, I did not knit this at the speed of light. It has been sitting on the needles, nearly finished, for months. When I became a participant in a Secret Project, I thought of this scarf for my contribution. I completed it yesterday using Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in the Night colorway. The yarn is 85% wool, 10% cashmere & 5% silk. It looks rugged but has a soft hand - perfect for a cabled scarf. The pattern is available free at Hello Yarn.

Last night I watched Dead Man with Johnny Depp, directed by Jim Jarmusch. It was funny & mystical & very, very beautiful. You may have gathered by now that I enjoy films by independent directors. Jarmusch is a favorite. I have seen Stranger Than Paradise, Down By Law, Mystery Train and Night on Earth, some more than once. Night on Earth is a particular favorite. It depicts taxi rides in four different cities - Los Angeles, Paris, Rome & Helsinki - and has a soundtrack by Tom Waits.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

Love that scarf! I think I've gifted it to every male in my family.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home