Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday update


Remember this?


Melanie & I spent 3 hours on Saturday untangling. If I had known how chopped up it was, I probably would have just thrown the whole mess away. On Sunday Teri-Kay finished the job and was inspired to use the odd lengths to knit in with other yarn to make random stripes. I kept a few of the larger pieces for my log cabin blanket.


How can you stay mad at Peach when she spends 20 minutes tenderly licking her pal's head?


The Swallowtail is pinned out on the insulation foam. Melanie's version is in the background. They will be ready to photograph when The Yarn Lounge opens on Tuesday morning. Final pictures and details to be posted then.


I seem to have caught the lace shawl bug so am participating in the Elann shawl along which begins tomorrow. I am going to make the Moonlight Sonata shawl using Elann's Baby Silk.


While shopping my stash for the shawl along, I uncovered mounds of sock yarn. Cast these on using a simple K5, P3 rib to show off the self patterning.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

That really is a sweet doggie photo.

2:44 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

Ditto what Bets said! :-)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loving that doggie photo! Good luck with the untangling mess you have on your hands and I'm anxious to see your finished shawl in all her glory!

Libby

12:14 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hope you love your Swallowtail as much as I love mine! It's the perfect size to be a little warmth without being in the way. And so worth the aggravation of those nupps! Aww, Peach looks like a sweetie (when not eating yarn.)

8:54 PM  
Blogger benne said...

So, Peach is out of trouble again? She sure looks like a sweetie in that picture. It's hard to believe she made such a mess of that beautiful yarn. And the sock! Oh, the sock!

Your Swallowtail is beautiful! Just be sure to keep it out of reach of Miss Peach.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, this must have been such a tiring job untangling everything! I so adore the pic of the doggies, how very, very cute! And your Swallowtail is ever so beautiful, what a great job you did knitting it up! I really love the color you've been using too!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

That's a great Baby Silk color, I don't recall seeing it before.

That pile of wool would have been in my trash in a heartbeat, you've got stamina for sure!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home