Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Books & Movies

I had no idea how much I would love my nano. I listen to music on it every day at work until it is time for Fresh Air with Terry Gross. At home I mainly listen to books. I finished The White Lioness by Henning Mankell, a Swedish writer. It was a police procedural that was about a plot to kill Nelson Mandela during the time of transition to majority rule is South Africa. Excellent.
Now I am listening to Nature Girl by one of my favorite authors, Carl Hiaasen. Very funny, as usual, and very dark, as usual. My favorite books by him are Stormy Weather set during the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, and Lucky You about some lottery winners, sort of.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cate, I'm reading Nature Girl right now too. I'm rationing myself to a few pages a night to make it last longer. No kayaking for me but I love this guy's books. ;-}

10:03 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Cate, I just joined Audible.com bc I want to knit like you (you said that would happen, right? ;-) )but can't decide on the first book to download. All the choices!!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cate, I just finished Nature Girl on my Nano from audible too! Just after The Thirteenth Tale on Benne's suggestion. Love those audible books, with no CD player to drop, not tapes to get stuck and broken. Daryl

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home