Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas


The hat is from Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick. Carolina made two in class and I just had to make one. I have been wearing it for the past week with the hopes that I would get some Christmas Spirit. I also listened to my favorite Christmas cds by the Squirrel Nut Zippers and John Prine. I have a new one - Putumayo presents New Orleans Christmas. Love Ingrid Lucia singing 'Zat You, Santa Claus? They cheered me up and helped me forget about the crazed shoppers flooding the malls. I also spent quite a few hours knitting at The Yarn Lounge along with others fortunate enough to have some time to indulge in our favorite obsession. The big charcoal blob of yarn that is my top down cardigan is progressing nicely.
Kim (preciouspups) asked how I deal with Second Sock Syndrome. As soon as I finish the first sock, I cast on and start the second. It is true that the second sock seems to take twice as long as the first and I always have the feeling the foot will never, ever end. But I stick with it because I really, really want to wear my newest socks. My goal is to knit 30 pairs for myself, one for every day of the month. So far I have enough for every day of the week. I could have had more but made three pairs as Christmas gifts. Hmm, guess I did have a little bit of Christmas Spirit after all.

6 Comments:

Blogger CatBookMom said...

Really cute picture, and I'm glad you found some Christmas spirit in the socks!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Cate,
You look adorable (as always) in your Santa hat. Too sweet for words. Bruce and I love our socks and your promised gift of a to-be-made sweater is filling me with joy!
xox Craig

8:22 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love the hat!

3:15 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

That's a great hat, Cate! I really like the picture of you in it. I have to knit my DH a Santa hat for next year 'cuz none of the usual ones fit him.

Thirty pairs of socks! Wow!

I have been feeling inspired by you and your socks, and I have some lovely yarns to work with. This is the year I will knit at least a few pairs.

7:27 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

what a cheeful picture of you! hope your holidays were lovely!

2:24 PM  
Blogger CatBookMom said...

You are tagged for a meme. Blame it on Junior Goddess who tagged me. See my blog.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home