Friday, December 22, 2006

The Last Socks


The last socks of 2006. I went over to Teri-Kay's last night to watch cable tv and knit. She finished a Knitting Pure & Simple cardigan in Lamb's Pride Bulky and I had an epiphany. I want a simple, easy to knit, basic but not bulky cardigan. I have my swatch of Lamb's Pride Worsted drying now and tomorrow I plan to cast on my top down, Knitting Pure & Simple Cardigan. So no more socks until 2007!


Tried to get a picture of Sela in the hat and sweater her mom knit in Knitting for Baby. Sela was not interested in modelling.

Check out this exhibition of Elizabeth Zimmermann's knitting. Truly inspiring.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

Goood Gawd, woman! How may pairs of handknit socks can one woman own? You have officially reached your limit and all future socks must be immediately forwarded to me!

Merry Christmas, Cate!

9:30 AM  
Blogger jayne said...

I'm with vamanta. Totally. I love all your socks and still want to know how many pairs you made this year.

I am working on the second of a pair I started a while back and hoping (determined) to finish before 2007. That will make a total of 3 1/2 pairs finished this year.

Merry Christmas to you, Cate!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one precious baby, and quite stylish, too. Have a Merry Christmas, Cate.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

How do you manage to get past the "second sock syndrome"? I just cast on for sock #2 and I'm already bored!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Lookin' forward to seeing your sweater!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home