Saturday, January 13, 2007

Another Blob, Another Sock


My next sweater photographs like another dark blob. Deborah, I promise the next one will be more colorful - maybe a bright green. I am using Malabrigo in the Cypress colorway - black and a very dark green (think Black Watch plaid). I was going to make another KP&S top down cardigan but found this pattern and thought it would be nice to try.


It is the Seed Collar cardigan from Lisa Knits. Another classic. (Hope they don't mind that I lifted their picture.)


My latest socks are using Interlacements Toasty Toes in a colorway picked by my sister. These socks are for Annie. I used the free pattern again. They are photographed on sock blockers from The Loopy Ewe, an idea I copied from Wendy Knits. The sheep have a pretty high cuteness factor and I would have prefered to omit them but that's the way the blockers came. I also got some sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe that The Yarn Lounge doesn't carry - Cherry Tree Hill & Lorna's Laces. Good thing sock yarn doesn't count as stash.

8 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

Lorna's is one of my favorite yarns because of the colorways. I made a Babies & Bears Sweater out of Lorna's Shepherd Sport that came out so beautifully.

There is no nylon in their sock yarn, does that bother you? I just envision lots of repairs which is why I never tried it. But the lovely merino sock yarn IS great for shawls.

I didn't know that sock yarn doesn't count as stash! ;-)

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoooo! You da BEST, Cys! Of course sock yarn doesn't count as stash, just like art supplies don't count as hoard...

6:48 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

sock yarn definately doesn't count as stash.....(says she who ordered on the last elann.com sock yarn bag sale..whilst having enough sock yarn for at least 2 dozen pairs...hahahahhahah

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sock Cate - and I'm with you on the blockers - wouldn't a plain wooden one be lovely? Loopy Ewe does have a wonderful selection of sock yarn - I am so glad mine is a "Collection" and not Stash" :) !

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a black watch colored cardi!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very relieved to hear that sock yarn does not count as stash. I've relayed the happy news to the smallish rubbermaid bin that contains said yarn. Heard a bit of muffled hoorays and rumbling about in there.

I'll post an iPod list soon. Forgot about the friday thing.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love that seed collar cardigan -- can't wait to see your version of it....

3:51 PM  
Blogger Lesly said...

I hope you can help me. I have lots and lots of Toasty Toes and have misplaced the original pattern that I see you knit up. It has the K2P2 ribbing and you worked it up in toasty Toes. Please Please Please can you send me the pattern?
My address is: lsadamsdance@bresnan.net.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home