Monday, December 18, 2006

Sunday knitting


Kate M., a Yarn Church regular, finished her first adult size sweater with sleeves. It will be a perfect Christmas sweater for her daughter who lives in San Francisco. She used some yarn she had in her stash and I didn't get the name. It is a Rowan pattern.


And I worked on ...... more socks! My first use of Fleece Artist sock yarn. 100% merino and machine washable. Dreamy and fast to knit. The colorway is a bit darker than the photo. I have just about memorized the sock pattern from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns.

5 Comments:

Blogger jayne said...

Socks! What else?

Ok, fess up...how many pairs of hand-knitted socks do you have now? I almost have one. :)

I did buy a skein of that fleece artist sock yarn. I keep squeezing it in the skein. It does look yummy.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater. Love the yarn and pattern. About this sock thing, you have to have the best-dressed feet this side of the Rockies, Cate. BTW, I gave up my HUGe gift from you to SK with a skein of very special yarn tucked inside. She's worthy and I know she'll love it. :-}

10:23 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love the Fleece Artist. I'm going to make a point of being at TYL the next day after their new shipment arrives!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cate...Love the socks! Just wanted to give you a heads up--I have sent treats for the pups to TYL should arrive by the end of the week! Moose & Dagwood have to share with Homer & GL!
Merry Christmas!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going on those socks! I really liked that yarn. I have that Handy Book and need to give it a thorough read. I have had several people recommend it. Good to see you at The Yarn Lounge last week!!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home