Saturday, September 23, 2006

SOCK WARS! Day 2


International Sock of Doom #1 is done and Sock #2 is started. I had hoped to get to the heel turning of #2 tonight but I fell asleep instead. Tomorrow will mean a push to finish Sock #2 so I can get them in the mail on Monday morning. It is Kill or Be Killed in Sock Wars.
The pattern is actually pretty enjoyable, although I am not sure how wearable it is going to be. Knitting on #4s to get the pattern gauge, I am using Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed. I love the feel but the socks are a bit sober looking for my taste.
Thank you all for your encouraging comments. All warriors need help from home.

5 Comments:

Blogger TheYarnLounge said...

Call if you need us to bring you food or water....knit, knit, knit!
-Stewart

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bri McS said...

Knit on, Cate! What a fun KAL.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You're a lightning-fast killer, er, I mean, sock-knitter! May the fiber be with you!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The sock looks great.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Heather, Cate's Sock Wars victim. The socks are lovely and not somber at all. Fabulous job, Cate!

May your assassin find you soon. Heh heh.

Off to post my death officially on the forum....

Best wishes,
Heather

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home