Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Flip Top Mitts



The students in my Mittens & Gloves class are making these flip top mitts. It is an original pattern, knitted in Lamb's Pride Worsted, with hand made glass buttons. The pattern will soon be available from The Yarn Lounge.

The ISE3 scarf is finished. Photos to be taken and posted tomorrow.

The leg warmers were well received and have been on a motorcycle ride. The long ago bf is being treated for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma so your healing thoughts, prayers, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bri McS said...

Those mittens are great, especially with the glass button. I'll look for the free pattern in the next couple of weeks.

Will think about long ago bf. Even if they are exes, you don't want anything bad to happen to them.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE my Flip Top Mitts that Cate made for me last winter. They are great for walking the dogs.

Now I only have to figure out where I carefully put them away once the weather warmed up...

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those mittens, Cate. I'll be looking for your pattern. I think you have just solved my problem of what to knit for my grandson this Christmas. He expects something knitted every year-great to knit for someone who likes it.

I'll keep your long-ago BF in my thoughts. Riding his bike wearing those excellent leg warmers - good for him.

9:45 AM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I didn't realize XBF was ill, Cate, I hope his treatments are helping, and I KNOW the leg warmers are a boost.

I really like the button function on those mittens. SMART!

And BTW, I had tears in my eyes laughing at Suggy and Miss Kitty. Girl, we ARE dorks! ;-)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

The mittens are adorable! I will definitely be looking for that pattern! Don't you love those glass buttons? I used a couple of those on a bag I knitted for my sister.

9:33 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

How cute are those! Love the green, and the button.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home