Tuesday, September 19, 2006

And the winner is......

Polka dots!


Thanks all for your votes. It was about 50/50 but the fish wasn't orange enough in person and the polka dots just jumped.

I did get some other fish buttons to send to my pal as part of her package.



To answer a few questions, I didn't know what my pal meant by size small so I just made the mittens too small for me. The pattern is going to be published by and available from The Yarn Lounge. And if you haven't been to their blog, you should check it out.

6 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

I like them. I'll cruise YL and see their patterns.

AUTHOR!! AUTHOR!!

(wild cheering)

and your mittens are really cute, Cate!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

i guess you always have the tie-breaking vote, huh?

5:06 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

Good choice, Cate, they do jump. Love them fish though, sure they'll jump on something else. Those mitts are tempting me to make my first pair of mitts.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

deer ant kait.
ey amm wayting payshentli, despyte shivvrink frum tha koald. ey unnerstan yu hav obleegashuns fer tha sok warrs. thenn wil yu feinalli mayk mi loverly sweddir/

shivvrink wippets evirywear awayt yer intirpritashun uv wippets sweddirs. eyetallyun grayhownds, two...

7:17 PM  
Blogger Bri McS said...

I think both are great, and sending the fish covers all the bases. I appreciated the how-to pics post before last. I'd love to take a class with you sometime.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

oh! I didn't know the Yarn Lounge had a blog! thanks for linking to it! I love those fish buttons - I bought a couple of them myself - saving for a perfect project....

and I think the polka dot button on the mittens looks just great.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home