Sunday, July 30, 2006

I may not be a fast knitter

but I spend a great deal of time knitting. These are the Jo Sharp Picot Socks I began on Thursday evening. I love the look and especially the color. I have to be careful to not buy this color every time I see it.





These are the second pair of socks I knit. I used the free toe-up pattern from Elann and a couple of their self patterning sock yarns - Puzzle & Colori. They are not two different sizes, it is a trick of perspective. I gave them to my sister, Annie, for Christmas 2004 and finished them this past (2006) Spring.



Another free pattern, this one is from Knitting Pure & Simple. Their patterns are well written and very sensible. This is another color I have to be careful about because I buy it so often in different yarns. This baby hoodie is made from 220 but my Bombshell is almost exactly the same color, only in a merino & linen blend.


Mimi knit her baby sweater from a KP&S pattern too. She is taking it to Taiwan to give to her interpreter. Mimi travels to China and Taiwan several times a year. She is my most faithful Sunday morning Yarn Church attendee. She finished the sweater today, so next week I should be able to get a picture of it blocked and ready to be worn by her friend's baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bri McS said...

Wow. I love looking at your gallery of projects. Those picot socks are cool, in color and design.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home