Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lights! Camera! Dogwood!

My camera came today so, of course, I took pictures of the dogs. To spare you some of my learning curve I will only post one. Please meet my darling Dogwood. #1 Hound of my heart. He is an 8 year old Scottish Deerhound. The picture shows him hard at one of his favorite activities - resting on my bed. He had an illustrious athletic career as a champion lure courser. He was the #2 Deerhound in the country in 2000 & 2001. He has also been a frequent artist's model. I will show pictures of both activities as I find them. He is an honorable hound with a rather serious personality. It does amuse him to stick out his paw to interfere with a human trying to pass him when he is lying down. He is a big guy, about 33" (1m) at the shoulder and weighs 105 pounds. He only sleeps with me when there is bad lightning and thunder.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your dog.He is soooooooooo pretty. Years ago I had the bigger version of the Deerhound ( Irish Wolfhound ) and now I got a Greyhound. These Hounds are just the perfect indoor dogs,so gentle and well manerd.
Glad you got your camera and I got your blog on my favorite list.
Good luck.
Gerlinde

8:54 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

Cate, I am tagging you for a meme-please go to my blog (I am at work and don't have your home email!)

B

8:24 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

Sooo cute. I just love Dogwood!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Bri McS said...

what special guys you have! it's nice to finally see them.

i think i linked you correctly, finally.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home