Saturday, July 22, 2006

Our geeky Saturday


The beautiful Sangeeta and I met at The Yarn Lounge to work on our blogs together. She showed me how to put links in the sidebar, how to post pictures and the html for making links in the text. Wow!


Then I decided I needed some knitting content so here is a pair of mittens from the afghans for Afghans pattern. I dyed the colors using kool-aid® blended to look as much as natural dyes as possible. I should have a picture - but I don't - of the blue ribbon the mittens won at last year's Virginia Fall Fiber Festival. I don't normally knit quite such complex patterns. When I get my digital camera, I promise to show a better detail.

5 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

GO CATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bets

6:54 PM  
Blogger junior_goddess said...

I linked to you! YAY!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cate,
YEA!You got yourself a blog! Those mittens are totally awsome as well.

Libby

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Cate! Another great blog that I will read on a regular
basis. Your mittens are fantastic. I'm amazed at how brave we knitters are to try something this difficult after only 3 years experience. Keep up the good work.
Evelyn (from Elann)
((We have to stick together))

1:59 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Those mittens are fabulous! And kudos to you on the blue ribbon! I'm excited that there's yet another Richmond knit-blogger to read! Yay!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home