Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Orange!


Another sock, knit in some delicious orange Trekking XXL. I am enjoying the subtle striping.


A detail to show the Baby Cables a bit closer. No cable needle needed.

Liz K. asked about using leftovers for baby socks and how I figure out if I have enough - grams or yardage. I'm not that organized, I just guess a size to make and, so far, I have been lucky. The rustic baby socks were a bit of a cliff hanger, I ended up with less than a yard of yarn left.


The hounds went to Pets at Play today and Maria Lyn sent this picture of Dogwood with some pals. You can see part of Peach in the picture. Stewart posted the pictures of Dogwood on The Yarn Lounge blog. He looks sweet, as usual, and she included a shot of his very long legs.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

What a handsome bunch! I noticed Herrschner's had some Trekking on sale, don't know what colors were left.

11:24 AM  
Blogger CatBookMom said...

Orange you a great socknitter!! The kids look like they've been having a lot of fun at their playdate.

1:03 PM  
Blogger CatBookMom said...

My verification word on the first post was "zhcra" - I think that's a variation of lycra, but one that zips in rather than stretches out, lol!

1:05 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

yummy orange crush sox! and fabulous doggie love...lulu wants to print out dogwoods pictures and hang them on the wall around her bed..she has a doggie crush...can you hear her panting...her head is right beside me and she's putting noseprints on the screen trying to nudge it back to the dogwood...silly girl! she says i should send dogwood a picture of her!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The socks look darling. I wish Baxter could go to Pets at Play. Everyone is having so much fun! He loved doggie day camp in SA but I haven't found one here yet.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those orange socks, and I am NOT an orange person. What pattern did you use, or did you adjust a basic pattern for yourself? I have two skeins of Trekking I'm cherishing, but I have one sock for DD almost done, one of another pair cast on last night, and another skein lurking in wings for a break. Will not be tempted...

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot get enough of those orange socks. Those are my favorite ones you've made, but I am clearly biased!! bri

4:01 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am dying to know what colorway of Trekking you used! Beauty!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home