Saturday, February 17, 2007

Small Socks & Dogs

As part of my contribution to afghans for Afghans, I have been making some little socks using leftover sock yarn. If you have the time and inclination, afghans for Afghans has a special need for socks. Check out their site for all the details.


These little guys are knit using the Farmhouse BoPeep yarn that I used for my rustic socks. I have worn those socks twice now. They are warm and comfy so they are definitely keepers.


These are knit using some Knit Picks Memories yarn in the Fly Fishing colorway.

Bets asked if my dad was angry when I got arrested. I remember that he was furious that my mother found out I had been jailed when a reporter called the house. He certainly wasn't surprised since I had been going to antiwar demonstrations for several years, even bringing friends home to stay at the house when there were demos in Washington.


Moose is on the left, Peach on the right. No daycare pictures of Dogwood this week. I did take him to The Yarn Lounge yesterday as a special outing just for him. Stewart took his picture so look for it on The Yarn Lounge blog some time in the next couple of days.

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Really enjoyed Dogwood at the Yarn Lounge yesterday! Girlpants is still talking about "the big dog" and her brother was mad that he did not get to meet him too. He was very inpressed that the breed is one of the tallest in the world. (We have a few greyhounds on our street; he knows that they are the fastest dogs.)

I am a bit shy in person; next time I will say more than just "hello" and "nice yarn."

12:38 PM  
Blogger MollyKnits said...

aww, what cute socks!

5:37 PM  
Blogger sk said...

I am very glad to know you, the peace lover. What an honor to be interviewed by Walter.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew a visit here would help me with my flagging sock mojo - you've always got some terrific socks on (and off!) the needles.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I have a ton of leftover sock yarn and was wondering about how much it takes to make a little sock. Any ideas. whether in grams or yardage?

8:04 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Cate, I picked up some Paton's merino variegated to knit the socks too. The deadline is 3/7 according to the A4A website.

There are kiddie sock patterns available at the A4A site but no sense of the yardage.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home