Monday, February 12, 2007

Projects & a lovely film


Finished the Farmhouse Bopeep yarn socks in Boysenberry. The socks seem a bit too rustic to me. I will wash and wear them and decide whether or not to keep them.


Making progress on the back of the Snap Cardigan. The Blue Sky Alpacas 100% cotton has been very pleasant to knit.

Watched Truly, Madly, Deeply tonight. What a lovely, small film, full of pleasant surprises. The main actors were Juliet Stevenson & Alan Rickman (looking very handsome). It was written and directed by Anthony Minghella who went on to direct The English Patient, The Talented Mr. Ripley and Cold Mountain.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger CatBookMom said...

Pretty, pretty knitting eye candy! I finally watched most of Cold Mountain over the weekend; interesting film, lovely photography, but I ran out of steam before most of the last hour - so I cheated and rewound TiVo to see the end.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

The socks are lovely! Not sure what qualifies as too rustic, but I think they're great. The sweater is going to be gorgeous. Thanks for the tip on that movie -- I've never seen it. Hard to think of Alan Rickman as a romantic lead, so this will be a nice change of pace for him.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Oh, do keep the socks for yourself. They are so pretyy. It is nice to have variety in your sock wardrobe!

9:48 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

Oh, I like Alan Rickman too, and DH and I really enjoyed that movie years ago when it came out. I like him in most things, but especially in that one, as Hans Gruber in Diehard, and in Sense and Sensibility (Colonel Brandon).

I'm not sure what you mean by too rustic (too scratchy?). The socks are pretty. I'd keep 'em.

I have looked at doing that snap cardi. I like Blue Sky patterns, and the cotton yarn is soooo soft. I have three skeins to do a sleeveless top.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am completely, totally sold on the snap sweater, and you've only knit so far!!

Check you snail mail over the next couple of days... bri

12:54 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I've been in love with Truly, Madly, Deeply for years. I own it on VHS, but will eventually find it in DVD, since it's truly a keeper. I think the socks look wonderful, not sure what's "rustic" about them, myself.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home