Friday, February 09, 2007

Snap Cardigan


This is my next sweater. It is a Blue Sky Alpacas pattern called Snap Cardigan. I like the deep ribbing and the wide collar.


I am using the Blue Sky Alpacas 100% cotton in Orchid. The color in the photo is a bit too blue. It shows my gauge swatch after being machine washed and dried. For a change I made gauge using the needles and yarn called for in the pattern. Usually I have to go down two sizes. I picked the color because Deborah challenged me to make something a bit less somber than my top down cardigan. I've actually knit 6+" of the back and am enjoying the switch to a cheery color that should also complement my eyes (green). You can't really see in the picture but there are six knots in one of the tails. That is to remind me of the size needle I used to knit the swatch. Can't remember where I read this tip but I find it to be very handy.


Another funny picture of the hounds taken from a dog's point of view. Moose's nose with Dogwood in the background.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

My 4 year old caught me reading the blog today--she loved looking at the archinves. She says:

"We liked looking at the movie and the dogs. I liked all of the dogs, especially the girl ones. The movie is fun; horses in the house?!" (she will write her name) niamh

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That sweater is beautiful. And, I love the color of the yarn. Can't wait to see the finished product.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

really nice pattern and Yarn!! You have been tagged check out
http://www.lovincomforknits.blogspot.com

Grace

9:35 PM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

oh what a great pattern! do you use snap tape sewn into the edges for that? Love the color too! How springtime! I may have to do a make like! After boring old Lady E of course! Lulu is panting after the Dogwood! He is so darn cute. Cate, how old is he? Are the Deerhounds as short lived as the Wolfhounds? My Lulu is going on 8 now (i know...borrowed time...but the females DO live longer)...and do you know if their personalities are similar or are the deerhounds more "excitable"? you can post the answer on my blog or email me privately at midwifeknitsatyahoodotcom. Thanks.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a favorite pattern of mine. I can't wait to see the progress of yours. I love that yarn. bri

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home