Monday, May 07, 2007

Blue Blob No More


Love how this sweater turned out. Details: Knitting Pure & Simple Top Down V Neck Cardigan, knit using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (80% cotton, 20% merino wool) in the Emperor's Robe colorway, on size 7 Denise needles. Mother of Pearl buttons. Small modifications - I knit the bottom edge in garter stitch instead of K1, P1 ribbing and made the sweater less long.


Irises are very forgiving plants. I have neglected my garden for years and these still bloom by my front steps. The camera decided that I was taking a picture of the background instead of the flower, so it is a bit blurry and you can see all the volunteer maple seedlings. Ah well.


Linda finished her very first sock during Yarn Church yesterday. She used Trekking XXL in a lovely grey colorway.


I'm trying to complete a pattern repeat a day of the Moonlight Sonata shawl. Of course that takes more time as I go along because the shawl keeps growing. This is with the fifth repeat done.


And progress has been made on the first of the Regia Silk socks. It is my teaching, dvd watching knitting now that the Blue Blob is no longer. Maybe I should have taken the picture on a sock blocker, it is looking awfully skinny.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

Yay! Great sweater, wonderful color on you!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Suzann said...

That is a great color on you Cate. It fits just right.
Socks look funny off the foot. I tried to make those coat hanger blockes, to dry my socks. Umm I need to practice a bit. Good thing the hangers are so cheap at Wally World

Is it still windy by you? We are being blown away at the Beach.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cate,
That sweater looks awesome, and, holy cow, you are shrinking!! Bri

11:38 AM  
Blogger benne said...

Cate, the blue blob is terrific on you, especially in that beautiful blue shade. Blob, no more!

My irises are blooming now too. I have one purple one, the rest are yellow.

More great socks, and Moonlight Sonata is going to be so gorgeous. Nice lace, kiddo. :-}

12:37 PM  
Blogger Les said...

Boy I like that sweater on you Cate! Good going!
Les

2:31 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

everything looks spectacular, love the way the shawl is coming

3:27 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

The blue blob looks great! Love the color and the cropped length.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Spectacular color on you! Must look at that sweater pattern...

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home