Saturday, December 09, 2006

Woodland Heights Artists in Residence

My neighborhood has a show and sale every December. It in is an old house in nearby Forest Hill Park. I really enjoy participating. It actually has the effect of putting me in a holiday spirit. I bring all the knitted projects I have made during the year that did not have a specific recipient in mind. I sell them at reasonable prices to earn some yarn money. Of course, I always spend some at the show.


My display was set up in a window and in front of the radiator. If the blurriness of the picture isn't too bad, you can see some of my wares.


Mary traded an angel ornament and a bracelet for this hat. I also got some very fragrant candles and a few small gifts that cannot be disclosed because their recipients read this blog.

On Friday evening some of the neighbors played fiddle, flute and other instruments. On Saturday, Santa came and there were craft projects for the children. Every vendor donated something to the raffle which took place once an hour. I won a candle. Someone won a black mohair scarf that I donated. We all donated part of our proceeds to our neighborhood civic association. There were two other knitters selling things - Linda had felted bags and ornaments, Robin had scarves, hats and a shawl that combined her handspun yarn with purchased yarn. I should have taken more pictures. Sorry. Anyway, a good time was had.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

and did you make enough money to buy some yarn?!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Your lovely baby tomten is there! That was the tomten that inspired me to make a tomten too. Its still one of the nicest I have ever seen.....mine came out really good though!

All the best--

9:37 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Wow, Cate, that sounds like so much fun!

8:35 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

I remember that hat! It made me think of Dr Seuss. What a great hat -- I bet she was thrilled to have it.

One of my neighbours used to organize a wonderful craft/artisan sale in her home one weekend each year in late November. It was so much fun. I sold jewelry and jams and home-made candies. She stopped a few years ago. Those are the best though.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the first thing to sell?

That sounds like such fun and it put you into the holiday spirit. Nothing beats that!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the first thing to sell?

That sounds like such fun and it put you into the holiday spirit. Nothing beats that!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the first thing to sell?

That sounds like such fun and it put you into the holiday spirit. Nothing beats that!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

i wish they would do something like that around here, it looks like fun!! You have some beautiful items there I hope you made lots of yarn money

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! And, I love that hat!

10:22 AM  
Blogger LisaW. said...

Cate that looks like so much fun and such a community building affair! One of my classmates lives in WV and actually was at your fair. (she described it very much like you did in her email). Such a small world. Love the whoville hat! how darling. Enjoy the rest of your week and have a lil holiday cheer.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I wish I'd known about this craft show before-hand -- practically down the street from me! And Linda (of the birdhouse ornaments) just joined our TNK knitting group -- small world, huh?

Looks like you had a nice selection of crafts -- good for you! :-)

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home