Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Green socks

Remember the green sock yarn I got at the Fall Fiber Festival and the socks I was making?


I got a bit farther than this and frogged them. I wasn't happy with the gauge and the thought of making a second one that I wasn't happy with, well, I knit because it makes me happy.


This is the new beginning using a new pattern. The socks in Ann Budd's A Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. The legs are on #1s and the feet are going to be knit on #0s. Ordinary K2, P2 ribbing on the leg and St st for the foot. I want these to be a no brainer knit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I love that yarn. And it deserves to be worn, so, good for you for reknitting it the way you want it.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand knitted socks. They are the best, arn't they?
Libby

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rascal said...

Thanks for the sir jury warning - hey! I’ve posted a cool knit on my blogspot today - do any of you guys knit ‘Tammy’s’?
Rogue

9:49 AM  
Blogger jayne said...

Mmmm...like that yarn. I knit to be happy too. I feel an urge to knit socks tingling at the outer edges of consciousness.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home