Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mud Rain Fun


It was a very rainy and wet day for the Virginia Fall Fiber Festival. Courtney, Susan, Sangeeta, Roz and I laughed all the way from Richmond to the festival.


We were greeted by these pipers.


This is a small sample of the mud we encountered. Robin of The Knittin' Coop has more pictures of the mud & its effects.


Along with about half of the vendors, Just Our Yarn wasn't there. I had saved my pennies just for them but bought this hand dyed absolutely-me-green sock yarn from another small vendor. I also got some very fragrant rosemary & mint soap from Wellspring Farm

We laughed all the way home. It just goes to show that the weather does not have to be perfect to have a perfectly lovely day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great getting the opportunity to meet you and the rest of the Richmonders! See I knew I would get a name wrong, but I corrected it!
Maybe next time we will have better weather...speaking of which Sedalia is April 14th!!
Keep in touch...Love the yarn you bought!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

What a brave crowd! I was wondering myself if it was going to be cancelled. Tents, open fields and lighting.....

Your yarn score is GORGEOUS!!!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Glad you guys had fun on Saturday despite the bad weather. You might just have to go to Stitches and spend all the money you saved due to vendor no-shows!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home