Sunday, October 08, 2006

Socktober


Forget any UFO's, I couldn't resist casting on my new sock yarn. The pattern is from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. I am a bit concerned that the gauge is too loose for the yarn. I am knitting on #1 needles. I don't like loosely knit socks because the stitches are uncomfortable on the bottoms of my feet. I plan to keep knitting a bit longer, maybe past the heel turn to see how they fit & feel. Then, if I have to, frog and knit using a pattern that calls for #0. Or should I just do it now?


Made The Gaugeless Hat from Cabin Fever using leftover Lamb's Pride Worsted from making Flip Top Mitts. Sangeeta modeled.

5 Comments:

Blogger junior_goddess said...

Go Sangeeta! I wish I looked that good in a hat!

Your sock looks good (so far). I am glad to see I am not the only person who gets annoyed by large stitches in socks. They HURT!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helpful tip - enjoy the knitting you've already completed on the leg of the sock, and then go down a needle size for the foot. (You may have to increase a few sts to make up the gauge difference.) This way you don't have to worry about feeling those stitches hurt the bottoms of your feet!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Or, how about doing the pattern on the sock leg, but switching to just plain stockinette for the foot?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

I think I look a little stoned....

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What are the odds of two Cates living in Virginia who both knit and have blogs? Greetings to a fellow "odd speller".

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home