Friday, August 04, 2006

Summer of Socks - Not Stash

I laughed when I read about the Summer of Stash. I know better than to make resolutions I can't keep. Consequently, I make few resolutions. My SOS has been the Summer of Socks. I set out to hone my sock skills and to understand why so many people make so many socks. I can't speak for anyone else but I have learned that socks make a perfect summer project because they never touch my lap. Here in Richmond, even with A/C, it is too hot for anything in my lap. Even Moose.
Sure, I could be making mittens & gloves, but I did that last summer.

Made these Simple Trekking socks from a free pattern copyright Miriam Felton. I goofed and didn't check for corrections and ended up leaving off a couple of inches. Of course, they didn't fit my size 10 ½ feet. I took them to The Yarn Lounge last night. They fit Stewart perfectly. These are her feet.


I last showed the Picot Edge socks in a nearly finished state. Here they are. Ready to wear when we finally return to sock weather. It can't come soon enough.

We had a record high of 102 yesterday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I'm a sock knitting convert for the very same reason!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Socks rock. My feet too (my two feet?) are size 10 1/2. I always must figure this in to yarn amounts called for in sock patterns. Nancy Bush's patterns in "Folk Socks" have designations such as "designed for a lady's foot" which don't envision this lady's foot.

7:33 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:41 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

homer's toes too!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

My deepest apologies to Homer! As soon as he lets me take a picture I will post one & introduce him properly.
Cate

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home