Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Socks Wrist Warmers

I began making socks from my favorite pattern but they seemed a bit snug. Since they were only a few inches I decided to make wrist warmers instead!



Knit Picks 100% merino sock yarn, Fly Fishing color way on 3mm needles.


Detail of beginning picot hem - CO, knit 6 rows stockinette; one row K2tog, YO; knit 6 rows stockinette; next row pick up stitches from CO as you knit & K2tog.





Detail of ending picot hem. After K2tog, YO row, knit 4 rows stockinette & BO. Then whip stitch hem.






One finished & one to go.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are tres chic, cherie.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

Cate, I can't believe you finished that whole thing in one day. you have to write down the pattern for the Yarn Lounge book (which exists in my imagination only...but, please...indulge me).

7:53 PM  
Blogger Bri McS said...

Way to make a big ol' pitcher of lemonade from a potential lemon. The details are great!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I was going to say what Bri said.... except the "big ol'" part is hers. ;-) They look terrific!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now those are nice!! Very cool! You've got the right length on the fingers. I've seen others which are too long on the fingers and you might as well be wearing mittens!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Nice job! :-)

10:15 AM  
Blogger lemmie said...

hi cate - these are awesome!
susan

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great as wristwarmers!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

BEAUTIFUL! I may have to put these on my "to do" list!

Oh--and I love the pic of the "Rainy Day Dogs"! They look so sad they can't go outside!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home