Friday, August 25, 2006

Sock progress & the long ago boyfriend

Second sock almost finished, just the foot to go. Even on my 4th sock from the pattern I am still enjoying it. Well, maybe a bit impatient to be finished. I think I will wait for SOCK WARS to make my next pair of socks.






Long ago I had a boyfriend who broke my heart. Eventually I got over it. Imagine my delight when, a few years back, I received an apology. Now we write letters (actual paper letters with envelopes and stamps). This past winter he did something kind for me and I wanted to do something to thank him. Knitting was the obvious choice and I asked him what he wanted. The long ago bf lives in a cold climate but doesn't like to wear long johns so he asked me to make him some leg warmers! I sent some samples of colors and he picked these true guy colors. It may be a bit difficult to see that there are both black and ink blue. I am going to make K2 P2 striped tubes on #9. What a pleasure after all the #0s, #2s & #3s I have been using. The yarn arrived today. It is Gedifra Living - 100% washable wool - from Elann. I have knit a swatch and all I have to do is wash & let it dry to measure it before casting on. All this for a long ago bf I haven't seen in over thirty years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

i think it's v. nice of you.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

He did something really nice for me.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow, would that all our broken relationships would turn out so well! Leg warmers, huh? He must be quite confident in his masculinity! ;-)

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was a heartbreaker, I can attest. He is going to love these...

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home